Friday, September 19, 2008

They're not Gypsies!

I've been having trouble sleeping, on and off, for several months; so my doctor prescribed me some wonderful little pills called Ambien. When I've had a few restless nights, I will usually take one to get a good night's sleep. I took Ambien several years ago when I was going through my divorce, my doctor pretty much said drugs or the psych ward and I went the drug route.

When I took it before, I would have episodes when if I didn't fall right to sleep I would have these strange things happen (all in my mind of course). So one evening back then, I was laying in bed and there were all these gypsies just hanging out in the room with me. Imagine my soon to be ex-husband's surprise when I called him at 11PM to say that my room was full of gypsies, his response was "Laura, turn on the light", wah-lah, the gypsies were gone.

Fast forward to the present, last night I took an Ambien, after several restless nights. This morning as I'm driving to work, my husband Derek called, he informed me that from now on if I take Ambien he is sleeping in the other room because I was snoring like a freight train. He also mentioned that as I was falling asleep, I told him that our bedroom closet was full of people, but I kept saying "They're not gypsies". Of course, he was completely puzzled by the entire event...so after the above explanation, he understood my strange comment, "They're not gypsies".

This is the reason the warning on the label says, "DO NOT OPERATE HEAVY MACHINERY"!!!

0 comments: