Thursday, October 2, 2008

Lonely

Have you ever had that feeling, the one where you are in a room with a ton of people and you feel completely alone? It's a terrible feeling, one which I experience way too often. What causes that? I think for me, it's when someone hurts my heart so badly that I don't think anyone can possibly understand the way that I feel at that moment, making me feel very alone!

Do people really intentionally hurt others? When someone hurts you, does it make them feel better?

I have hurt people before, usually it ends up hurting me way more than it ever hurt them! I've hurt people unintentionally, and always feel so miserable for being so mean or spiteful or inconsiderate or whatever it was that caused me to lash out! I think it's been a really long time since I have hurt someone intentionally; and I can't imagine hurting someone that I love intentionally, I would feel so miserable about it!

So, why do people hurt others, intentionally? What do you consider intentional, having no regard for that person's feeling or knowing that a decision that you make is going to hurt them and you do it anyway? And how many times do you forgive and forget? And how long do you let them chip away at you before you've had enough?

If you have hurt someone recently, intentionally or unintentionally, say "I'm sorry" and love them, in whatever way possible, love them! You have no idea how lonely they feel with that hurting heart that you caused, apologize, ask forgiveness, and try to never hurt again!

0 comments: